The Australia India Institute runs a program of residential fellowships for emerging leaders in India from a variety of disciplines including media, the arts, academia, the civil service and public life.
The fellows comprise outstanding mid-career Indian professionals across various disciplines.. Fellows are based at the Australia India Institute for their tenure, which culminates in a research paper and public lecture. Emerging Leader Fellows contribute regularly to the program of the Aii and their presence enriches the Institute and the University of Melbourne in terms of academic research, and strengthening partnerships between the two countries in the various disciplines in which the research is undertaken.
- Dr Sushil Aaron, Director of Projects, Centre for Policy Research
- Dr Rajshree Chandra, Post-Doctoral fellow, Center for Policy Research
- Mrs Swati Chatuverdi, Deputy Editor, Zee News
- Mr Puneet Gandhi, Senior Manager (Business Development and M&A), Times Group
- Dr Ashis Jalote-Parmar, Associate Professor and Head of Intelligent Design Lab Institute of Information & Communication Technology, (IICT) Ahmedabad University
- Mr Binoy Job, Director, Prime Minister’s Office, Government of India
- Mr Ansuman Pattnaik, Additional Director of Income Tax (Investigation)
- Mr Joy Purkayastha, Resident Editor, The Times of India, Pune
- Mr Rajesh Santhanam, Faculty Member– The Daly College, Indore
- Mr Rajiv Sharma, CEO, Sterling Addlife India Limited
- Mr Arvind Shrivastava, Secretary to the Government of Karnataka
- Mr Amaresh Singh, Director (Investigation) Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance
- Ms Nirupama Subramanian, Associate Editor, The Hindu
- Mr Kunal Upadhyay, Chief Executive Officer, Infuse Ventures & Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship, IIM Ahmedabad